Monday, June 11, 2012

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer

Wahooo!

Summer break from my main job started at 12:47 PM today, and I am giddy *giddy I tell you* with sheer joyfulness.  Never has a school year wound down so slowly, painfully slowly.  It was like a milimeter by milimeter removal of a very sticky bandaid on a hairy man's back, right down to the bitter end.

Whew.  Thank goodness that's over and done with!

Let the revelries commence.  I celebrated my good fortune with a thorough weeding of the herb garden, where the guerilla mint still persists in making forays into the brick-laid beds.  Dang mint.  It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't hybridized into a nasty testing mess.  But because it is revolting and good for nothing, it must be rooted out (literally) and destroyed.  Plus, all the little winged seeds of the box elders have started sprouting and if I let them go, I would have quite the forest of box elders on my hands.  I have to admit, I do feel a little bad rooting out tiny trees.  I'm sure the Druids would frown upon it, but then again, perhaps the Druids would prefer to have healthy lovage and oregano to spice up their meals.  You can't stuff a box elder into a chicken and call it roasted goodness, that's for darn sure.

I was going to do more weeding, and perhaps some manure hauling, but then I thought:  Hey, it's the start of  vacation.  Let's begin as we mean to proceed, Chicken Lady. 

Pardon me while I go take a little nap.  Yay, summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!