Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bwaak Bwaaak, Chicken Talk


Yesterday was such a fun day. Granted, I think I overdid it a little and I am super tired today (darn pneumonia, anyway), but it was so worth it! It was the first ever Traditional Skills event held at Prairie Farm school. Classes on everything from bee keeping to making cheese to canning and growing food...I wanted to attend them all! However, because I could only pick one class per session, I settled for Meat Canning and Solar Dehydration. Now I have two new projects to tackle---hooray! I taught the chicken portion of "Raising Backyard Chickens and Rabbits". I think it was a success. Anyway, I had fun, and could have used a whole other hour to cover all the bits of important information. Now I am plotting: Do I host a freebie day to show how to make a simple chicken tractor? Or do I host a "come see my chicken brooder" day? It was so exciting to be in a group of 20-25 people, all excited about the same topic: Chickens! Who wouldn't be excited to talk about that???

Anyway, it was a good day. 125 people came to learn and share and be inspired to take back skills that have been "misplaced" for far too long. (The poster is super cute, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!