Friday, October 14, 2011

Another Baby Bun Video



I just can't stop taking videos of these little creatures! They are ridiculously cute, and entertaining. Now that they have a bigger space to cavort in, they are doing random bounces and leaps of joy. It is so much fun to watch them grow. And in a few short weeks, they will fulfill their purpose and fill my freezer. It's a little hard to contemplate that, really, and please don't think that I am a soulless wretch who lives to commit murder on small fluffy animals. I firmly believe that we, all of us living creatures, have a purpose in life. We need to be born well, live well, and in the end, have a good death. I like to think that my livestock (such as it is) has a better life than many other creatures on this planet of ours, and I try my best to make sure that their deaths are respectful, quick, and as painless as I can make it.


I will admit to feeling a little, teensy-tiny thrill at being the owner of a .22--maybe it's some latent testosterone lurking in my genetic makeup? There is just something about owning a weapon of mass destruction that appeals to my dark side. Like, I could totally defend my homestead from mauraders, random zombie invasions, or hordes or wererabbits on the prowl! Need to kill off a weasel? Just give me a call. Got problems with the local gang of forty thieves raiding your pantry or secret stash of treasure? I'm your girl. (Yes, I am running images from A Christmas Story and Ralphie defending his family from evil with his trusty "Red Rider BB gun with the compass in the stock and this thing that tells time" through my head, right now, as I type.) Hmmm...well, I'll balance my hunter's instinct with getting a mani-pedi this afternoon. And I'll paint something else pink...that'll do it, I think.

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW CAn I say how cute are they???? Very nice fuzzy rabbits. I want to have bunnies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!