Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What a Crazy Couple of Days...

Just when the season has officially turned to Fall, and I start thinking "oh yay, harvest is done and I can now relax into the winter", everything hits the fan. It's nearly Halloween, and I am soooooo behind in my Village of the Damned yard make-over. The chickens refuse to lay eggs (bastards). I need to cart mounds of rabbit poo all around the yard, which I've been procrastinating doing and now need to get it done yesterday, as I found out I need to have surgery to fix my wrist. It'll be nice to feel my fingers again, but I am really feeling the time crunch. Oh, and I haven't cleaned up the gardens and put them to bed for the winter yet. Can you spell "procrastination"??
To cap it all, Charlie the puppy is sick. Really sick, as in laying-on-the-sofa-moaning-and-shaking kind of sick. I thought he'd swallowed something along the lines of a stinky asian beetle, but it turns out he has a kidney infection. So he's on cipro (the same drug they treat anthrax with) and pain medication. Poor boy. He is feeling very sorry for himself, and I am feeling very sorry for him too. There is nothing quite so miserable as a sick puppy...and yes, I am restraining myself from spoiling him too much. (I'm spoiling him just a little.)
Why is it that nothing like this (any of the above) ever happens when you have time for it to happen? Like, when you have alllllll summer to deal with things. Oh no. It has to all wait until you are up to your armpits in commitments and obligations and tight schedules, and then fling itself upon you like a cascade of stink.
I just wanna be a chicken farmer, dammit.

1 comment:

  1. I am right where you are!! I feel your pain. I am also without a car, mine has to many fixes to make it even a consideration to fix so it will be smooshed at the recycling center. No car, no money, work is irritating and they dont know what they are doing either so yup right there with you.
    Give the sick pup some hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!