Sunday, June 16, 2013

Breakfast of Champions


Most mornings, I have eggs and toast.  (I have chickens, after all.)  But some mornings, I feel like something a bit more involved--and that usually means pancakes.  So when I thought: Hey, I feel like pancakes today! the other morning, I took a look through the cupboards and made up a version that hit the spot.

Banana Nut Pancakes

You'll need: one banana, mashed; one egg; about a cup or so of milk; 1 1/2 cups organic flour; 1/4 cup brown sugar; 1/2 cup chopped pecans; 1/2 teaspoon each salt, baking powder, and baking soda, plus 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.

Add the mashed banana, egg and milk--blend until mixed and somewhat smooth batter.  Fold in the pecans.

Spoon out about 1/4 cup worth onto a preheated griddle per pancake, allow to cook until the "open hole" stage, then flip and brown on the other side.  Goes great with maple syrup and butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!