Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hauling in the eggs!


Egg production is peaking! All the new hens are laying now, so I am getting 6-7 eggs per day. (One hen is still working out the kinks, so eventually she'll be more regular and I will have 8 eggs per day.) I am working on a sign to hang from the mail box, advertising my eggs for sale. Currently, I have 3 dozen in the fridge...and I have yet to collect today! Eeek! A girl can only eat so much quiche. I figure, if I sell 10 dozen eggs per month at $2 per dozen, that will pay for their monthly feed costs ($20 per bag of Layena). Way to make your livestock earn their keep, right? Oh, I feel so farmer-y...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!