Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recovery and Boredom...




Funny how those two things seem to go hand in hand, isn't it? It's been a week since I was diagnosed with Lymes Disease--damn ticks. I am feeling much improved, thank you, but still very tired and a bit achy. Apparently, this will continue for a while according to my researches on the internet. Hooray, hooray. I can only stand to sleep for so long, and then...dun dun...boredom sets in. So, I find things that "need to be done". The other day, I rearranged the living room, mostly because I decided that the sofa I was trying to lounge on wasn't comfortable and the other one would be. So, I moved stuff. And then the TV wasn't in a good viewing area, so I moved MORE stuff. In between moving things, I napped on said sofa. It took several hours, but the living room now has a nice cosy flow to it. And then I decided, I didn't want to see my office from the sofa (it's awful to have all that work staring at you while you are trying to nap), so I made curtains for separation. As you can see, it has a very nice Grandma's-attic vibe going on. Tres retro! Yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom--took a couple hours, since I also went through the closet and sorted items to be washed and to be donated. I also wandered over to Goodwill and found some "new to me" shirts for the upcoming school year. I always love it when I can find 8 or 9 items for under $40. Yay bargains! After all that, yes, you've got it: I took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!