Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"Ain't that the truth."

Today, I was cruising around backroads and wound up at one of my schools in Pepin.  I love Pepin.  It's the birthplace of Laura Ingalls Wilder, and one of the nicest small river towns I have been lucky enough to visit.  While I was there, I stopped at the co-op to get some gas and a bottle of water for the return trip home.

When I came back outside after handing over too much of my money to the nice lady at the cash register, I discovered a couple of old farmers standing around, looking at Lucille Laverne's back bumper.  One of them looked up, smiled at me, and pointed to the sign prominently displayed on the shiny chrome bumper:

"Honey", he said, "ain't that the truth."  We all agreed it was, agreed wasn't the weather lovely, and yep, spring was coming soon enough.

As I climbed up into Lula, one of his friends called out, "Hey girl.  Love the pink."

Hot damn.  I knew driving a big truck would draw the men like bees to honey.

P.S.  if you wanted a bumper sticker to show off on your own hot rig, check out www.farmland.org   They are free!  You could send them a couple of bucks, if you felt like it, to support the preservation of farmlands near you.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! That was a fun post. Where is Pepin? I love Little House on the Prairie and would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pepin, Wisconsin is on the shores of Lake Pepin, one of the lakes on the Mississippi River. It's a wonderful place to stop if you ever are doing a road trip along the Great River Road--US Highway 35--that goes all the way from St.Croix Falls, WI to New Orleans. :-) Driving that highway is one of the reasons why I must, before I kick it, acquire a classic convertible and an audacious hat with some glamorous sexy sunglasses, and go cruising along the river. Meow. Hee hee!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!