Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Large Cart is a Girl's Best Friend.

I have a thing for carts.  Wheeled vehicles that you can push or pull along bring me such joy.  A few years ago, I acquired a two wheeled wire cart a la old lady grocery shopping that I love.  It is the best thing ever for hauling around loads of stuff at the farmers market.  And I have this amazing foldable-positional-becomes whatever you need Transformer of a cart that I use to haul my hundred-plus pounds of work gear in and out of the buildings that I visit.  I think I could simply not survive work-life without that particular beautiful item of mobility.

Today, I have finally gotten the Mac Daddy of Garden Carts:  Rubbermaid's Big Wheel Cart.

This thing is seriously huge.  I think I could haul four small children around in it...or one large adult body.  Not that I am planning to move people (or corpses), by any means, but it should work well to move a corresponding amount of "stuff" around the yard.

Yes, by "stuff" I mean the happy by-products of living creatures that eventually goes back to the Earth and supplements my veg-growing operations.  You would be amazed at how much some chickens and a whole bunch of rabbits can produce.  More than enough to fill this cart a dozen times over, I promise you.  All that doesn't include the mulch, dirt, and plant-related materials that I move around the corners of my farmlette.

I have plans for my old wheelbarrow, too:



Isn't that just cute?  You can find the best ideas at cottagehomegarden.com!

I may spray paint my old workhorse bright pink first, though.


3 comments:

  1. The cart would even MORE awesome tricked out with a pink paint job and silver flames...maybe even silver or purple spoked wheels? Studies have shown that pink carts haul more, and are easier to push as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm. The Red Shirt. I forgot to sign my name

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!