Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chicks in a Box

On Wednesday morning, bright and early, my second batch of meat chicks arrived via the US Postal Service. They are in the cute and fuzzy stage, very lively with bright snapping little black eyes. They seem to be much happier than the early spring batch--the weather is much warmer and they are content to run around their little habitat on the porch. I am even able to turn off the heat lamp by mid-day, which is very nice for the ol' electric bill. I couldn't believe how packed they were in their little box--no one would believe me if they didn't see it for themselves (hence the attached video!). My garden continues to grow, with the corn almost ready to pollinate and the pumpkins and squash vines running wild. Lots of green tomatoes on the vines as well, so I can hardly wait to make homemade sauce and dried tomatoes. Tonight I plan to harvest fresh broccoli and have it with some "real" macaroni and cheese. Yum-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!