Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pumpkins taking over the world!!

My pumpkins are so happy--I have vines going everywhere! They are sprouting through the fence, climbing up the corn, infiltrating the bean patch. It is incredible! And, even more thrilling, I have counted a dozen pumpkins so far. If they all make it, I will be slathered in pumpkin guts and the smell of roasting seeds will be smelled for miles and miles--come October. I am envisioning a pumpkin pyramid on the front lawn. Maybe I will post a little flag on top, with a miniature Swiss alpine climber--viva Mt. Pumpkin!! And aside from the happy pumpkins, I have tomatoes galore on the vines. The plants are about 5 feet high now, still vining out too. I can hardly wait to see how my sweet corn does. Oh, I love gardening (especially when things grow)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!