Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The new layers are laying!

I found a little, half-sized egg today in the main coop. Right now, only the new layers are in there. I was surprised to find it, as I wasn't expecting anyone to start laying for another couple of weeks. Yesterday someone had made a little nesting hollow in the nesting box (this is where the eggs are laid), and before that someone had made one on the floor. Chickens do these behaviors for a little while before they lay their first eggs, so I wasn't really expecting to find a treasure quite so soon. As I said, it was small, but a delicious chocolate brown color. I can hardly wait to fry it up for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!