Thursday, February 3, 2011

It just takes a seed





Tonight, I celebrated the current heat wave (it's going to hit 30 degrees above zero tomorrow!) by spending the evening purusing the most luscious seed catalog I have ever read. Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company, which is out of Mansfield, Missouri and kind of part of the heritage village there, produces this masterpiece of photography yearly. The best part is, you can buy the seeds, too. So I whittled down my list of "must have" heirloom seeds, and wrote out my check for $25.25 including shipping. Come summer, I am going to have a garden filled with the most interesting looking squashes, vining beans, bicolored tomatoes and giant, 8 foot tall pale yellow sunflowers anyone has every seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!