Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh, How Do You Decide?

After debating for weeks, I have finally decided on my new layer chicks. And furthermore, I have ORDERED them, so there is no more wishy-washy changing of my mind. I am so excited! Included in the order are Speckled Sussex, Araucana, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Partridge Cochin, and Cuckoo Marans pullets. Aren't those gorgeous names? And they are just lovely as well (see photos!). All of them are described as being "docile and gentle", which hopefully will mean a coop full of happy cluckers, all laying fresh lovely eggs. In this batch of birds, I should see everything from pale brown to chocolate brown to green or blue eggs. It will be like Easter every morning!
Speckled Sussex hen
Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen

Partridge Cochin hen


Cuckoo Marans hen

Araucana hen


Aren't they all just gorgeous? I love chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!