Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Fall!

No joke, it feels like late October out there this afternoon. The chicks are glaring at me every time I pop into the shed to do a head count. Both heat lamps are on again, but they are so not happy to have returned to the deep freeze after enjoying some balmy breezes. I swear, if they could talk, they'd be muttering death threats. I can't say that I blame them, because just as it finally started to warm up it has just as quickly turned windy, raw and cold. April is such a bitch. In happy news, my hens have forgiven me for accidentally dropping sour yogurt onto their backs yesterday, during a fridge clean-out session. It wasn't my fault, exactly. I didn't take into account how excited they get when cooked rice is tossed in to the pen, and when they dashed in like little roadrunners, I was shoveling out a bunch of leftover greek yogurt. One of them got it all over her back--it looked like thick paint. She didn't mind the yogurt as much as she got pissed off at the other hens trying to eat the yogurt off of her back. They were chasing her around and around, and all she wanted was to gobble up cooked brocolli and bacon bits out of the quiche leavings. ( I admit it, I laughed until I peed a little. I am not very nice sometimes.) It is a chilly evening here, a good time to make a big cheesy omelet and some hot tea and settle down in front of the television. I have two discs of the Waltons Season 2 waiting for me, so Goodnight JimBob and hope things warm up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!