Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Update on Sick Chicks

Well, folks, it ain't good news: This afternoon, before cleaning the chick brooder, I caught all the sick chicks (10 in all) and gave them a physical. Four of them were so arthritic, I couldn't extend their wings, claws or feet--and they peeped in pain. And the other six were not as bad, but obviously not doing well at all. So I did the hard job of being a farmer-ette, and helped them along to the chicken afterlife. I'm hoping it is better than their last couple of days ended up being...maybe good chickens get reincarnated as eagles or condors or something cool like that. I'm hoping not pheasants (which stupidly run IN FRONT of your car and get smushed, every time). No donations in lieu of flowers are needed, the funeral will take place as soon as the new fruit trees arrive. Man, I just hate it when this kind of thing happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!