Monday, May 9, 2011

Blustery, Busy Day



This morning started off with a crackle, flash and boom. I love thunderstorms, but not so much when I have to dash for the car, get a bit drenched, and then need to drive to work. The plants loved it, though, and by the time I made it home in the afternoon, my plum trees are leafing out and the box elders are definitely sporting teeny leaflettes. It was rumbly and blustery, so after I tended to the chickens (four eggs, one dying chick, everyone else ravenous and thirsty and seem happy), I puttered around in the car hut and put together a rabbit cage. I found an ad on craigslist.com for RABBITS! and called. Tomorrow at lunch, I am picking up an eight-week old white New Zealand buck for $10. I am happy to report that he does have a home to come to, complete with water bottle and feeding dish. Calling it a job well done, I am sitting here waiting for dinner to finish (toasted open face meatball sandwich) and listening to the dogs crunch their kibble. I dodged some raindrops and harvested my first home-grown salad of the season: a mix of beet greens and baby lettuces, grown in my new cold frame. It doesn't get much better than this, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!