Monday, May 16, 2011

Update and A Video

Well, the baby rabbits didn't survive the day. ((sigh)) But, the mama rabbit seems to be taking it in stride, so in a few weeks I'll see what I can do to arrange for a new pregnancy to happen for her. This time, it will be MARKED ON THE CALENDAR, so I'll be sure to have nest box on hand.
My new batch of chicks is doing very well--only lost three so far, and the rest seem to be very healthy and happy. As you can see on the video, they are liking their teal rubbermaid tub digs. After running the meat birds up to be processed today, I spent the rest of the morning cleaning out the shed and dumping about 20 gallons of bleach-in-water solution all over the lower walls and floor. Hopefully I can round up my handyman to put in a new floor (the old one is crappy and falling through, and a new stable one is needed badly) which will help the de-germy-ness as well. I don't plan on putting these itty bitties out for a couple of weeks, I want them to be "big" before I park them in the shed. It sure is clean in there, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!