Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Finished Deck

As the privacy screen/partial fence is on hold, pending approval from the Village Board (which apparently only I am subject to, as no one in town whom I have spoken to that has a fence has ever had to get, but I was told I needed--most interesting, don't you think?), I put my mind to other things. One of which was stopping feeling so angry and attacked. I don't think grumpy neighbor can help it, her fear of "different" is so ingrained that it was probably only a matter of time before she reached her self-limiting limit and got mad at somebody. I decided that for my peace of mind, and to produce a written document, I am hiring a pest control expert to come, tour my property, and write up whatever he finds--or doesn't find. He should be able to come next Thursday, and shortly after I'll have a written report to mail to her, with a friendly cover letter, and "cc" copies to the Village Board. (Hah. Take that!)

I also was contemplating my deck in the back, which I love, but has this "unfinished" air about it. Plus, with the current privacy concerns, I thought: I don't want to feel observed when I am trying to lounge and read a book or have a fun evening by the firepit with friends! So, I called my handyman Jack and this morning, he and I built a nifty privacy screen/surround on the two sides of the deck platform that face into the neighbors' yards. I think it looks pretty darn great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!