Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Heart Farmers Markets

This is what I found today, and I am so happy about it!


Tomatoes, peppers, raw local honey, golden beets, organic milk, tiny potatoes, dried beans, and fresh sweet corn!  And breakfast for tomorrow: a Morning Muffin (kind of like a sweet bun) from Doughville Bakery.  Yippee!

I also got this:


My supply of blueberries for the year, a ten pound box of fresh Michigan blueberries.  I'm using a quart of them to make a batch of blueberry lime jam, and the rest will be frozen in batches to savor when there isn't a fresh blueberry to be found on barren bush in the middle of winter.  I don't know how many will actually be frozen, because I keep shoveling handfuls in my mouth.  Mmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!