Saturday, September 15, 2012

Feeling Extravagant

Today was such a nice day!  It was my fourth trip to the annual Knitting Extravaganza in Frederic, WI; a gathering of knitters, crocheters, and fiber aficionados of all descriptions, to discuss all things yarn & fiber.  My friend Suzanne set up a display of her wonderful pottery yarn bowls, custom buttons and assorted yarns from her shop.  I got to tag along to play salesgirl for the day, which is always fun.  I'm rather good at helping people to buy pretty things to support their knitting habit.

I mean, who wouldn't want to walk home with some of this?






 And the buttons...oh, the buttons.






A few of my stitch markers sold, which was gratifying.  Lots of lookie-lous and compliments, so perhaps more shall sell once they hit etsy.



During the day, there were talks and demonstrations--some repeats from last year, but some really interesting new ones.  I think I may need to pick up tatting....like I need another hobby!  It is tempting, though. And of course,a yummy catered lunch spent socializing with my lovely friend Raine, who just gets more interesting each time we visit.  If you think I manage to do a whole lotta stuff, you should check out her blog at Tails from the Farm and then you'll be impressed. One new thing this year was the fashion show, with crafters demonstrating their handiwork.  


Oh yeah.  I rocked my poncho.  Cover girl material, absolutely.

I found some lovely deals on yarn, and came home with some DROPS Merino, enough for two hats, a skein of handspun in lovely rich colors (which will be reincarnated as a gift for someone, eventually), and a skein of Malabrigo Rasta in a luscious blue colorway called Azules.  I came home and promptly whipped off this scrumptious Misty Swirl cowl:


Ahhh.  What a great Saturday, filled with knitting, knitting and more knitting.  I can hardly wait to see what Sunday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!