Monday, December 10, 2012

"Lobstahhh!"

I had a wonderous fine thing happen today:  I discovered lobster in the freezer.

photo from www.visitrenotahoe.com
Strange place to find it, I know, but when you live in the Upper Midwest and there isn't an ocean to be found for several hundred miles, you find lobster either (1) at really fancy restaurants where the average farmgirl cannot afford to eat, (2) specially flown in to the fancy grocery store for the occasion, creating a party the likes of which can only be repeated once every five years, give or take, or (3) on special at the cheap-o grocery where I shop for the staples that I don't grow on my own.  They also have inexpensive nutella substitute, which has sustained me on many a long and arduous day.

It's a splurge no matter how you look at it, but Friendstimas is coming this weekend and when pondering the meal for the Friendstimas Feast on Saturday afternoon, we decided that some gorgeous gluttony was called for.  I do believe that steamed lobster with garlic butter sauce will just about fit THAT particular bill.

(We are also going to have barbequed ribs, red velvet cupcakes, and homemade spinach-artichoke dip a la Applebee's look-a-like recipe.  Ahh, Friendstimas!  My favorite holiday of them all...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!