Friday, August 17, 2012

Channeling a Kitchen Goddess


All bow down before Julia Child.  Bow down, I say!

I grew up watching Her Greatness on PBS (one of the only channels we got with our old school aerial antenna), along with Jacques Pepin, Jeff Smith (aka The Frugal Gourmet), and Marianne Esposito of Ciao, Italia!  Before I knew what an omelet was, I was in love with the lovely Ms. Julia.  I like to think that she would get a kick out of my cooking style, which is definitely of the "make it look nice and they'll never know you dropped the pan on the floor" variety.  She'd likely be appalled by the lack of organization in the kitchen, though.  Don't you just love those outlined spaces for each of her pots and pans on the peg board wall?  What a stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!