Friday, August 17, 2012

Literary Red-Heads?

It took me a while, but I finally named the four Rhode Island Red hens in the Big Shed Coop:

Meet Mrs. Weasley, Anne of Green Gables, and Elfrida.
Not to be left out, Pippi Longstocking.

I thought the names of some infamous red-heads of popular literature fitted my girls, who have funny little personalities and amazing combs.  Check out the comb-flip that Elfrida can manage:


Who needs Pantene, right?  Whooo!

They join the illustrious company of Oprah, Maya Angelou, and Harriet Tubman (the camera shy Jersey Giants) and Honey, Sweetie and Lovey the friendly Amber Links, who think I am their rooster-mistress.

The lovely Lovey, who purrs at me from afar...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!