Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another Lovely Weekend

It has been a wet, damp, chilly weekend here in the middle of Nowhere.

It has been absolutely lovely.

I pretty much just sat and read and knitted, moving only to make dinner (homemade macaroni and cheese) and rotate some laundry between the washer and the dryer.  I did make a run into town for more dog food yesterday, which was horrible, and I was happy to come back home to my little house.  With the grey weather, none of the animals were very interested in doing much, either, so we very companionably passed the last two days in happy nap mode.  Today, I found the ambition to go out and join friends at our monthly knitting gathering.  It was rather wonderful:  cozy, good conversation & plenty of laughter.  It gave me some dedicated time to work on a Christmas present, which is a gift to me when I have a list a mile long of things I want to make before the season fully arrives.   An afternoon spent with friends, while thinking happy thoughts of gift-giving, is very nice indeed.  Knitting with the Knotty Knitters is one of the best parts of every month!

But now I am back home, doing a bit of reading and vaguely preparing for the week ahead.  Mostly, though, I am savoring a quiet Sunday evening in my comfortably shabby living room on the butt-eating couch, with a cheerful fire blazing away in the fireplace and reruns of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine on the old television.  I can hear the wind picking up again outside, and every once in a while a chilly draft curls through the room, making the animals shift into tighter furry nests.  My thoughts are turning again toward the fast approaching holiday season, so there's a bit of Yule Log in the air.  Too soon? 

Naaaah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!