Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you have a great day, celebrating the symbolic holiday of the birth of the United States of America--ah, the Fourth of July!  Barbeques, swimming pools, and sparklers everywhere the eye can see.

If you choose to use fireworks, please do so responsibly.  And, speaking for all combat veterans, traumatized dogs and small children everywhere, please don't fire them all night long, close to others' homes, or aim them at structures or people.  It's supposed to be a fun holiday, not a night of terror.  My poor hound Phoebe will be suffering through this weekend, hiding under chairs and popping doggie valium.  I'm usually reduced to swearing and yelling impotently through the bedroom walls toward the neighbors' around about midnight, when I'm well tired of (a) dealing with doggie hysteria and (b) sick of my usually quiet village sounding like it's transformed in Beirut.

Ahem.  Well, enjoy those roasted hot dogs and corn cobs, folks.  I'm planning to do so as well...and here's hoping the fireworks are done before 11 PM.  (A girl can hope, can't she?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!