Friday, May 22, 2009

Late video, but here it is!

So, things got a little busy and I didn't get to post this last week. The chicks are now 7 1/2 weeks old. Tomorrow, they go to the processing plant and get "processed". I am a little sad about that--it is hard to say goodbye to any living creature--but the idea that I have grown my own meat is pretty cool. At one time, all I had wanted to do was to grow some vegetables in a pot or two. Then, I got chickens and started "growing" eggs. It is pretty incredible to think, in 8 weeks I have grown 19 chickens ready for the grill, oven or frying pan. I am also "processing" 5 hens that have become irratic layers. Some days they lay, most days they don't. It is very frustrating, so they will move on to their next purpose: Becoming delicious stewed chickens for coq a vin, chicken & dumplings, or wonderful, slow cooked soups. I like to think that they have led a happy life. They certainly have had a great diet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!