Monday, May 4, 2009

Starting the Great Adventure

So, since Chicken Mama's Blog will soon be no more (thanks, geocities!), we shall start again here!

Current events in the Chicken Lady's world:

27 chicks on the porch--now 4 weeks old and very smelly. Really gotta clean that corral this afternoon....phew!

Gardening is having a slow start. It has been chilly, and frosty, so nothing is in the ground yet aside for a couple of apple trees, some strawberries, and blueberries. My wiegela got nuked by a sudden frost, the first plant loss of the season. Oh well...now I get to plot something else to plant!

Dogs and cats are all doing well. No goats or sheep, as yet, although I am pondering: Do I need a couple of Angora rabbits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!