Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pumpkins are up!

How very exciting! The pumpkin seeds have finally sprouted. I already have lettuce and rutabega seedlings peeking up. No carrots, corn, or winter squash yet. And, the transplanted tomatoes, brocolli and herbs are all looking happy. Finally got around to potting the lemon verbena, rosemary, oregano and lavender plants this morning. It has been a lovely Sunday so far--warm and sunny--with the majority of my yard work and clean-up on the porch completed. I do have to say, I am a little concerned by all the darn yellow jackets that I keep encountering. I don't know where the dang nest is yet, but I am sure it is in some inaccessible location. I hate those damn things!! Honeybees I don't mind, since they are happy and busy and working to make something delightful. But hornets, now...they only seem to exist to be bitchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!