Saturday, February 4, 2012

Generosity & A Pig



Ahh, Saturday. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand!


Ha ha ha ha.


After a life-restoring sleep, it was time for a substantial breakfast. Which of course meant, time to break into my stash of pork! My favorite breakfast meat (next to bacon) is breakfast sausage. It is easy to make, too: 350 degree oven in a foil-lined pan, and 30 minutes later you have the breakfast of champions.


Ahh, Trevor! You were one happy pig, if the quality of your sausage is an indicator. (I believe that it is.) Lucky me, you were also a generous pig--I have oodles of deliciousness in my freezer, with many more meals to be made.


Right now I am celebrating more generosity: the girls have been laying 5-6 eggs daily, so I am awash with eggs. This is a delightful occurence, as it allows me to indulge in making a custard pie. Oh my. I do love pie. Mmmmm. Pie.


Who loves Saturday?? Meeeeeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!