Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mid-Week News

Oh yes, it is another Wednesday. Wish it was Friday, but hey...it's getting closer. Life on the farm-lette has been fairly status quo the past couple of days. The girls are laying about 90% now, which means I get 5-6 eggs per day. When it is cold and grey, they seem to lack the ooomph to put all the work into pushing those eggs out. I can't say that I blame them. I fairly lack the will to live on a gloomy day!
Little Mama looks gigantically pregnant. In another week, we should have another arrival of kits, if all goes according to plan. Magda, the new addition, is growing and filling out, and should be ready for breeding in later March. Bucky will be sooooo terribly excited! He pines for his dates, I tell you. Simply pines. A pining rabbit is a sad thing to see. You have to trust me on this. It is a little hard to tell from the other rabbit expressions, but there clearly is a dejected state that can only be called pining. I suppose it is all my fault, introducing the guy to the Joys of Sex and then rationing it in small doses. Poor Bucky.
The doggles are doing great, even with occasional Drama on Ice moments in the backyard. I keep worrying that someone is going to break a leg, but it is likely going to be me. And yet I worry about the four-legged beasties. I know. I am a Dog Momma. The cats continue to be bulemic. It seems to make them happy. Whatever.
I am planning a mid-week run to the feed store on the way home from work this afternoon. I am so excited. Usually, I do this on the weekend, so it is kind of a special treat to hit one on a Wednesday afternoon.
Yes, I realize typing that makes me sound a little pitiful, when an outing to Tractor Supply is a major highlight of my week. Again, I say, whatever. I love feed stores, and I am not ashamed. Whoot. Power to the farmers, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!