Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

Yes, that's right! It is the weekend of the annual Chicken Fly event in Ridgeland. Wahoo! I know you are all wondering, so here's the story: Yes, this happens every year. I know, only in Wisconsin, right? No, I didn't see any PETA people this year, or the lady who dresses up like a large yellow chicken. Yes, a whole bunch of people got knocked down trying to catch chickens. Nope, nobody went to hospital. Yes, the chickens got away at times, including flying up into the trees. Yes, somebody got stuck under a car trying to slide under and grab a chicken. Yes, pretty much every adult there was drinking with a foam cozy-covered beer can in their hand. Yes, it was before noon and they were drinking heavily. (It was Saturday, after all, folks.) Yep, I think there were a good several hundred people there all excited to catch chickens falling from the skies. No, I didn't contribute any chickens to the toss. No, I didn't catch any new chickens at the Fly. Yes, I agree, that would've been cool if I had, but really...I am doing good on chickens right now. No, I didn't get crushed in the hoarde of drunken revelers who were careening around snatching at feathers. Yes, it was hilarious watching them stagger around and egg each other on to catch another chicken (ha ha, chicken humor alert). No, I didn't get pooped on from a fly-by overhead.
That being said, here are some photos of the day!
Five Minutes Before Chicken Fly
Three Minutes to Go!
One minute...wait for it...wait for it...
And they're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!