Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Summer Kitchen


www.lehmans.com

So, I didn't exactly find this beauty when I was out junkin' this past weekend, but I found its older cousin: a vintage, teal green kerosene campstove in lovely condition.  While this model has been given over to brass fixtures and a metal fuel tank, my version (which sadly I have yet to take a picture of--sorry, folks) has porcelain tripod knobs and a banded glass fuel tank that cleverly flips over to release the fuel into the stove by way of a pressure-sensitive switch in the screwtop lid.  I've been searching for an outdoor stove to do canning on, and I think my vintage beauty will do the trick.  Plus, the price difference is quite lovely:  The pictured new model, available from Lehman's catalog, is just shy of $900 plus tax and shipping.  My vintage beauty?  Around $100, tax included and it fit easily into the back of Lucille Laverne.

It was a great find, and came at the perfect time.  Sap is starting to run, and its boilin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!