Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cherries in July

I do love cherries.  I splurged on a ten pound box of tart cherries a couple days ago, and I've been busy drying and freezing them--and eating them out of hand.  They came defrosted, pitted and ready to process, which is perfect and saves me a little time.  With my "extra" time, I've been daydreaming about what I could make with them.  Oh, so many wonderful options...but I do love a simple, rustic tart. 

This example, found down the YouHole, is charming and calls for jarred marachino cherries.  I bet, however, it would work with a cup of those delightful tart cherries I've acquired.  A slow simmer with a bit of sugar, and they would make a decadent pie filling (or, tart filling, in this case!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!