Sunday, December 29, 2013

Great Ideas


In addition to organizing seeds and such this week, I've been indulging in a little garden-reading.  It's funny how I collect these books, and then they live on my book shelves for a time until I have a few minutes to read them...Luckily, when I do get a chance to read them, I find a whole wealth of useful information.

Take, for example, this book.  Geared to urban gardens, it nevertheless has great ideas for those of us with small backyards who want to make use of every square inch of available growing space.  Already I've gotten ideas for DIY self-watering containers that will actually work to grow food, tricks and tools to lengthen the growing season, and some ideas on growing things in partnership to encourage pest- and disease-resistance naturally.  Even if you have lots of room to grow your garden in, these hints can be great when applied to, say, the kitchen garden or small herb bed that you've always wanted but haven't had time to carve out of the larger space.

Check out your local library to see if they carry a copy of this resource, or go to Chelsea Green Publishers (www.chelseagreen.com) to order your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!