Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Seeing Out the Old Year






It's hard to believe, but today is the last day of 2013.  My, what a year it has been!  Between the usual adventures around the Farmlette, and a surgery over the summer, and new chickens and new rabbits and all sorts of growing things come and gone and put up in jar after jar in the organized pantry....whew!

Tonight I'll be indulging in my usual tradtion:  a quiet evening dinner with friends (weather permitting) followed by reading a good book well into the night.  And then, around midnight, I'll write down my wishes for the coming year and head outside to set them alight and release them into the cosmos.  The dogs will snuffle around in the snow and cold night, and then we'll head indoors to bank the fire and go to bed.  It's a quiet tradition, and one I enjoy immensely.

What will I wish for?  Well, telling would make them not come true, wouldn't it?  So I'll keep my wishes to myself, and if they happen, I'll be sure to reveal them here...one adventure at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!