Friday, August 15, 2014

Something's Brewing...

I finally got this started: a batch of homemade wine!  It's my first attempt at wine making.  I'm rather excited about it.

What is it?

Well, in the brewing kettle before you, there is a combination of water, lemon and orange zest, and a most humble ingredient...pea pods.

Yes, that's right.  I'm attempting a batch of Pea Pod Wine.  With luck, it'll turn out tasting something like a decent reisling and I'll be able to serve it up at my birthday party in January.  I've been inspired by one of my favorite shows, The Good Life, to throw myself a self-sufficiency themed birthday party (also known as a hoe down) and invite all my friends.  It's going to be great, hopefully with some decent under-the-table wine.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!