Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beware, Sexy Vampires!

My wee little 4 foot-by-4 foot garlic bed is coming to life!  It always makes me so happy to see my garlic appear in the spring.  It's an act of faith, poking garlic cloves deep into the garden bed in the chill of fall.  Will they rot?  Will they be consumed by voles?  Will the dang kitties dig them up, looking for a comfy place to take a wee?  But lo, green spears appear and grow taller daily.

I've got four different varieties in there, although I can't remember the names right now...I've got them written in my garden journal and I'll have to look them up before too long.  With luck, I'll find one or two that work well and I'll save and plant on as my own homegrown seed garlic for next year's crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!