Monday, April 20, 2015

Sweet Angelica

Last spring, I started some angelica from seed.  After planting it out in the small herb garden in the backyard, it didn't do very much--it seemed happy enough, but lacked any serious ummph. I wasn't sure it would return after winter...but look at it now!

This is just one of three very healthy clumps, all growing lovely hollow stems and fat vanilla scented leaves.  It's already six-to-eight inches high, and will grow to at least two feet tall before it's done stretching.  I envision some candied angelica in my future...and sipping shrub through an angelica stem straw?  Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!