Monday, April 13, 2015

The Dahlias are Bent on World Domination...

This jungle is my tray of dahlias.

It's hard to believe that just a handful of weeks ago, they looked like this:
They are growing like trifids.

And look:
Yep.  That's a flower bud.  There's more of them hiding in there...ack!  Too soon!  Too soon!  So, I'll be pinching out the growing tip and encouraging side shoots to develop.  I think I may also pot them on (again), and if the warm weather keeps up over the next week or two, I may park them into the cold frame with a light fleece cover to slow them down.  We still have another month to go until frosts (should) be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!