Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's a Fountain, Baby!



I was wandering the aisles of Menard's this morning, after returning some spare parts leftover from putting in the privacy screen yesterday. Of course, I wound up in the garden area--surprise, surprise. They had hydrangeas on sale, so I finally got the hydrangea "Limelight" I have been longing for. And then I saw it: A nifty, make-your-own rain chain fountain. Sure, it was an advertisement, encouraging me to buy the most expensive rain chain they had, but the concept was killer. I had to have it. Who wouldn't need this at their house? I got the pot (plastic, but looks like real stone), shepard's crook hanger, submersible pump, tubing, and a clearanced, copper rain chain all for $50! It took me about 10 minutes to put together, which includes wrestling-free-from-packaging-time, and there you have it. My original, unique water feature, just waiting to greet guests by my front door. I put a couple of my glass floats in it, they look really neat bobbing around. It splashes a bit, but I love the sound the water makes as it flows down the copper chain. I can't wait until it develops that cool patina that copper acquires after a few years of seasonal exposure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!