Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rabbit Update!

I was waiting until I could get a good look today, but baby rabbits arrived Tuesday night or Wednesday morning! Little Mama, who had a sad experience with a delivery gone bad a couple months ago, has (I think) five fat and sassy babies in her nest. Big Mama had kits too, but....well, let's just say she was very Grecian and ate them. There is some Greek myth about a mother who ate her children, isn't there? I don't mean that people from Greece eat babies, or anything, but I swear, there's something in Greek mythology about a bad mother who eats her young. Ick-ola. Anyway, I think she had four kits, but since I only found bits and pieces, I am not really sure. It was very macabre...I don't think Big Mama will be bred again, if you know what I mean. Anyway, let's end on a happy note! Little Mama has happy babies!!! Yay, Little Mama! Pictures will come in a couple of weeks, when the little bitties have fur and L.M. isn't feeling quite so protective of her new additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!