Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Mystery of the Wire

Here's where it gets interesting: The digger marker guy came out this afternoon while I was away (of course) and marked all over the yard and into my neighbors' yards. And where is there no mark? Right where Mr. Mystery Wire is. Aha! Now the question becomes, who's line is it, anyway?
I broke out my Valley Girl-air head personna and called the local telephone company, and said that given where the lines were marked, we dug well away from them...and found an unmarked line! What is a girl to do?!? The telephone company tried to pass me off to another company, another utility, anybody but them...but in the end, they are sending out a man in a truck to come look at my mysterious underground wire. If it isn't theirs, I am hoping that they can tell me whose it is...so I can play stupid with another utility. (I know, this is borderline deception. I am being honest about the digging of the hole and the hitting of the wire, but is it so bad to leave out the when it happened sequence of events? I think not.)
I'm not sure when the man with a truck will be coming, so the bucket with half-a-bag-of-concrete weight will stay put for now. Hopefully, they make it before any big thunderstorms decide to cruise by. Meanwhile, Jack & I are planning to tackle the moving of the dirt tomorrow, which will be nice to have that project done and over with. Pending discussion of the wire, I'm hoping that the fence is up by the weekend. Then I can paint it, boring gray for my boring, tedious neighbor to stare at. And I will be soooooo haaaaaapppppyyyy gardening in my little garden, safe from her beady, little, judgemental eyes. Bwah hah hah hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!