Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mystery Solved

After waiting two days, the nice guy from the phone company came this morning. He peered into the hole, said "yup, that's an old phone line down there", sealed up the break with some putty, and said "well, it's not active so just move out a foot or so and you can keep digging". Allrighty then.
In other news, a guy from Xcel energy came, marched out back, placed ONE little flag, and marched away again. Ummmm....I don't know if the flag is marking a line, or just a signal that he came, because no paint spray lines appeared. It was very, very odd. In any case, I don't think the flag means anything, and it is away from where I'm digging, but it is a little freak-a-licious to have a random white flag waving at me, with no connection to anything. Apparently I am supposed to be psychic and know what it means.
If I hit another dang hidden wire in this project, I think I may just have a little nervous breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!