Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Feeling of Change in the Air

It's one of those Christopher Robbin kind of days out there, where you expect to see Winnie and Piglet tramping across the landscape looking for a heffalump in the blowing, blustery wind. I love fall days like this, particularly mornings when I woke up feeling less-than-well, went back to bed, and woke up feeling revitalized (but still willing to keep taking a sick day). So far, I have cleaned the fridge, which was horribly gritty inside with some mysterious sticky stains. I have to go to the store and restock my larder, and it is so much easier to clean out the fridge when I've eaten through leftovers and only have a few bits and jars of things to remove.
Animal check this morning went well, with all heads present and accounted for. I had my bug man come and spray yesterday evening, which should help with the annual fall invasion of nasty Asian beetles. I don't believe in pesticide spraying, but this is one exception I make. I hate these biting beetles more, and living in a former barn, they really like to come in and make themselves at home. I try to make my home as welcoming as possible, but not for insects.
As you can see, I revamped my blog's look. Hope you like it...it is striking me as a little busy, but in a good way. If you've ever visited my house, you've probably noticed my love of layers as decoration. Everywhere you look, there are layers and layers of cozy, colorful things. And I believe that books are the ultimate house accessory! So hence, the cozy, warm, book-themed look that I chose for my blog.
Sometimes it is just fun to clean things up and create some small changes, particularly when the seasons themselves are changing outdoors. Now, if I could just figure out how to change my little farm into a big one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!