Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Have Made Melon



It has only taken me four years of attempts, but I have finally grown a melon. These are melons that I picked up at the Seed & Plant Swap in June, and it took them forever to get started. Suddenly, the vines flourished, and little melons appeared. And the little melons grew and grew...and then just sat there, mocking me. While I heard others were enjoying their ripe and delicious melons, mine were green, hard, and unpleasant. Mocking me, I say. Mocking!! I could hear the laughter, low and nasty, from the garden at night....but today, this little melon gleamed amongst the green weeds and fell off the vine when I touched it. Hah!!! I feel like the Queen of the World: Let it ring from the rooftops! I have made....melon!! (And it was good, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!