Tuesday, October 9, 2012

No One Can Resist My Balls

Remember this schtick from Saturday Night Live, years ago?


Schweddy balls.  Everybody's favorite treat.

My balls are a little less risque, but are still good.  I adopted this recipe from the lovely blogger over at www.howsweeteats.com and used what I had in my pantry.  As I don't stock chia seeds (what the heck are chia seeds??) or ground flax seeds, I just went for the basics of peanut butter, oats, honey and chocolate chips.

Ahhh, chocolate chips.  How do I love thee?  Very, very much.

This is what my (not schweddy) balls come out like:


Okay, they may not look so amazing, but they are pretty darn good.  They are also gluten-free, which I am hoping a coworker will enjoy when we have our staff meeting on Thursday.  I am making treats for everybody, and she never can enjoy them because she can't eat wheat or dairy or anything fun.  Okay, that last bit isn't true--she can have my balls!

Wait, that sounds kinda wrong....

The Chicken Lady's Balls

You will need:  one cup of old fashioned oats; 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; 1/2 cup of almond meal (which is just finely ground almonds); pinch of salt; about 1/2 cup peanut butter, warmed and a little melted; 1/4 cup honey; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; 2 BIG Tablespoons mini chocolate chips.

Combine the oats, spice, almond meal, and salt in a bowl.  In a small bowl, combine the warmed peanut butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.  Stir peanut butter mix into the oat mixture until all sticky and crumbly.  Mix in the chocolate chips until well distributed.  Using your hands, shape into roughly golf ball-sized balls and roll into a little more almond meal.  Allow to chill in the fridge, and then devour greedily. 

Om nom nom nom.  Oh, my balls are sooooo goooood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!