Friday, August 9, 2013

Post-Hippies?



I watched this film the other day.  Initially, I was intrigued because I happen to live in an area where there were once many "back-to-the-landers", otherwise known as hippies, who searched for a simpler life living sustainably off the land.  There are still quite a few living here; I have to say, I've really enjoyed meeting some of them.  They are all incredibly interesting people--and have some terrific entertaining stories to share!

Anyway, back to the documentary:  I liked it.  I was a little disappointed in the lack of depth (I like to hear more about the individual's stories, not just a glossed over summary) but I did like the different perspectives presented by the folks in the film.  They've each done different things in their lives, with some staying back on the land and others going back to life in the "city", but each seemed to have the same core belief in being part of something bigger than the individual.

The Gathering Of Fairies looked like a hoot, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!