Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fruit Leather Fail


In case you've started to think that everything I attempt goes swimmingly perfect, let me reassure you that no, I am quite good at screwing things up.

Yesterday's attempt at making pumpkin fruit leather went seriously awry.  Either it was too wet with non-joined fibers or I left it dry a tick too long, but it is hard and crumbly and Sahara Desert dry.  Not quite the texture I was going for....

Looks like I will have yet more pumpkin powder to add to the pantry shelves.  On a positive note, this batch is lightly sweetened and seasoned with delicious spices like ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.

I am really hoping I don't mess up the roast chicken I am planning to make today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!