Thursday, January 31, 2013

My New Addiction

I have had a thing for fairy tales as long as I can remember.  I particularly relish the dark, unpleasant ones.  Like, when the witch gets gobbled up or the naughty children get baked into a pie, or the wicked man gets devoured by dark things under a bridge...ooooh, scary!

Thanks to the beauty of Netflix, I've discovered another TV series to watch while I knit and relax the dark winter evenings away.  It's called "Once", as in "once upon a time..."  That may be perhaps the greatest opening line to a story, ever.


An evil witch, a dark and desperate curse, a cast of characters straight from a fairy tale (complete with neuroses and quirks).  Talk about good television.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh; I must check this out; I too love a good fairy tale ; )

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!